The Kansai Hokuriku Area Pass provides unlimited access on the Hokuriku Shinkansen between Kanazawa and Joetsu Myoko and the Sanyo Shinkansen between Shin-Osaka and Okayama. It also entitles you to unlimited use of the IR Ishikawa Railway, limited express, rapid service and local trains.
This pass is valid for usage within 7 consecutive days.
We will issue electronic exchange voucher for this pass. Upon booking and successful payment, you will first receive a confirmation email.
The electronic exchange voucher will be issued and emailed to the same email address according to the Collection Date indicated during your booking process.
Before departure, please check your email (including junk mail folder) to ensure that you receive an email with the attachment for the electronic exchange voucher and follow instructions on the email. You will not be able to collect the physical exchange voucher at our Changi Recommends booths.
If in doubt, please email firstname.lastname@example.org during working hours 9am to 6pm (Mon-Fri) before your departure.
Kansai-Hokuriku Area Pass is valid for unlimited travel in the valid area on the map.
Valid trains are below:
- Reserved seats on Bullet Train "SANYO SHINKANSEN" (Shin-Osaka⇔Okayama)
- The pass can be used for the Hello Kitty Shinkansen.
- Reserved seats on Bullet Train "HOKURIKU SHINKANSEN" (Kanazawa⇔Joetsu-Myoko)
- Reserved seats on Express Trains (HARUKA, THUNDERBIRD, KUROSHIO, KOUNOTORI, SUPER HAKUTO (Kyoto⇔Kamigori), etc.)
* The Limited Express KUROSHIO, KOUNOTORI, KINOSAKI, HASHIDATE, and MAIZURU trains are all reserved seating-only. Non-reserved seating is not available. Be sure to reserve seats in advance before boarding the train. Boarding the train without reserving seats in advance will result in a separate Limited Express reserved seat fee.
* A separate fare is required for traveling on SUPER HAKUTO (Kamigori⇔Tottori) and SUPER INABA (Kamigori⇔Tottori)
- Special Rapid Services, Rapid Services, and Local trains on JR-WEST Conventional lines
- The pass is only valid on WEST JAPAN JR BUS route buses within the valid area.
- The pass cannot be used on expressway buses.
* These trains below cannot be used
- Bullet Train "HOKURIKU SHINKANSEN" (Joetsu-Myoko⇔Tokyo)
- Bullet Train "TOKAIDO SHINKANSEN" (Shin-Osaka⇔Tokyo)
- Bullet Train "SANYO SHINKANSEN" (Okayama⇔Hakata)
- The Special Rapid "A Seat" paid seating Service
- Not valid for the IR Ishikawa Railway or the Ainokaze Toyama Railway.
* As a special exception, the pass can be used for the Himi, Johana, or Nanao lines only if the pass-holder does not alight from the IR Ishikawa Railway (Kanazawa⇔Tsubata) or the Ainokaze Toyama Railway (Takaoka⇔Toyama).
Limited express trains can be used on the IR Ishikawa Railway (Kanazawa⇔Tsubata).
If using the Ainokaze Liner rapid service on the Ainokaze Toyama Railway, a separate "liner fare" is required.
- Adult: 12 or over 12 years old when an exchange order issued or a rail pass purchased
- Child: 6-11 years old when an exchange order issued or a rail pass purchased
* An Adult's or Child's rail pass holder can accompany up to 2 infants (1-5 years old) for free.
* The infants from the third one will require Child's rail passes for each.
* Babies aged under 1 year old can be accompanied for free.
* Child's rail passes will be required for each infant in the following situations:
- When accompanied infants use Reserved seats by themselves
- When infants travel by themselves