Experience the world's first* Mario-themed area and Mario Kart: Koopa's Challenge™ attraction, both of which received Thea Awards, considered an enormous honour around the globe in the themed entertainment industry. And don't miss The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™, Minions, and other magnificent worlds enjoyed by kids and adults alike!
The Tokyo chapter of Madame Tussauds offers over 70 life-sized figures of celebrities from all over the world, including Hollywood stars and famous athletes. With no ropes or other partitioning, visitors can not just enjoy taking pictures with their favorite celebrities, but also have enormous fun putting their arms around the figures or striking similar poses.
The Nationwide Japan Rail Pass (Ordinary) grants you unlimited rides on almost all JR trains and Shinkasen (excluding "Nozomi" and "Mizuho" trains) across the entire Japan except Okinawa. You can also ride on most of the local lines of JR Buses, Tokyo Monorail and JR-West Miyajima Ferry. Get your pass now to conquer all the prefectures on your upcoming trip to Japan!
*When visiting Miyajima by using JAPAN RAIL PASS or JR-WEST RAIL PASS, a visitation tax of 100 yen must be paid upon boarding the Miyajima Ferry (as of October 2023).
Seat reservations for JR Pass Ordinary holders are not necessary but recommended, especially for groups that travel together.
After booking online, you can collect your Japan Rail Pass Exchange Order (EO) on the collection date and at the preferred Changi Recommends booth indicated during your booking process. Remember to collect your Physical Exchange Order from Changi Recommends counter before checking in for your flight.
On arrival in Japan, turn in your Exchange Order to receive a JAPAN RAIL PASS at exchange locations here: https://japanrailpass.net/en/exchange.html
You have to turn in your Exchange Order (with your passport) to receive your JAPAN RAIL PASS at a JAPAN RAIL PASS exchange office in a major JR station.
● You cannot use an Exchange Order when you travel on JR lines. Turn in your Exchange Order and obtain your JAPAN RAIL PASS at one of the JAPAN RAIL PASS exchange offices.
● Please pay attention to the business hours and non-working days of the exchange locations.
● The type of PASS stated on the Exchange Order cannot be changed.
● If you are unable to present the Exchange Order due to loss or theft, a PASS cannot be issued and there will be no refund for lost exchange orders.
● The Exchange Order cannot be exchanged for a PASS if the eligibility requirements are not met.
● Your Exchange Order must be turned in for a JAPAN RAIL PASS within three months of the date the Order was issued. However, the exchange can be made from one month before the date of use. （for example, an Exchange Order issued on April 15 would have to be turned in by July 14. If the use date is May 30, the exchange can be made from April 30.）
● It may take time to turn in your Exchange Order and receive a JAPAN RAIL PASS if the service counter is busy. Please ensure you leave enough time when you visit the exchange office.
Important: The JAPAN RAIL PASS is not valid for any seats, reserved or non-reserved, on “NOZOMI” and “MIZUHO” trains on the Tokaido, Sanyo and Kyushu Shinkansen lines.
The pass holders must take “HIKARI,” “SAKURA,” “KODAMA,” or “TSUBAME” trains.) If you use a “NOZOMI” or “MIZUHO” train, you are required to pay the basic fare and the limited express charge, and for a Green Car, the additional Green Car surcharge. In addition, if you use the GranClass car of the Tōhoku Shinkansen, Hokkaido Shinkansen, Jōetsu Shinkansen and Hokuriku Shinkansen, you must pay the limited express charge and the GranClass car surcharge.
Note also that passengers using JR trains on non-JR lines must pay additional fares and charges for sections traveled on such lines. Some JR trains use the lines of private railways for direct services. Depending on the train car or railway section, if there are restrictions in place on the maximum number of seats, it may not be possible to secure designed reserved seats even if there is a vacancy.
Condition of use:
To add more novel experiences and make your Japan holidays complete with unforgettable thrills, check out our curated top list of things to do in Japan here with discounts: Top list of things to do in Japan 2024