PRICES WILL INCREASE BY 180% FROM OCT 2023 - PLEASE PLAN YOUR PURCHASE IN ADVANCE FOR BETTER SAVINGS
FOR THOSE TRAVELLING IN 2024, SHOULD YOU MAKE A PURCHASE FROM THIS SITE MORE THAN 90 DAYS BEFOREHAND, YOU WILL BE CONTACTED TO PAY THE DIFFERENCE IN PRICE BEFORE YOUR COLLECTION DATE
EXCHANGE ORDER HAS TO BE TURNED IN FOR EXCHANGE OF THE RAIL PASS IN JAPAN WITHIN 90 DAYS FROM THE ISSUE DATE ON THE EXCHANGE ORDER
EXCHANGE ORDERS ISSUED FROM OCT 2023 WILL BE BASED ON THE NEW PRICING IMPLEMENTED BY JR RAIL COMPANY
Travel in luxury with the JR Pass (Green) and get additional access to the Green Car - similar to first class carriages. Experience top quality service from friendly JR staff and exceptional comfort with larger reclining seats and wider personal legroom on the Green Car, a perfect way to rest those weary legs after a long day of exploring.
Green Car seats have an integrated radio set and power outlet and passengers can indulge in small hot towels (oshibori) and refreshing beverages. As the Green Car is usually less crowded, it is the best way to travel during peak seasons (May, August and September) when finding a seat on a desired train can be difficult. The rail network coverage of this pass is the same as the JR Pass (Ordinary).
After booking online, you can collect your Japan Rail Pass Exchange Order (EO) on the collection date and at the preferred Changi Recommends booth indicated during your booking process. Remember to collect your Physical Exchange Order from Changi Recommends counter before checking in for your flight.
On arrival in Japan, turn in your Exchange Order to receive a JAPAN RAIL PASS at exchange locations here: https://japanrailpass.net/en/exchange.html
You have to turn in your Exchange Order (with your passport) to receive your JAPAN RAIL PASS at a JAPAN RAIL PASS exchange office in a major JR station.
● You cannot use an Exchange Order when you travel on JR lines. Turn in your Exchange Order and obtain your JAPAN RAIL PASS at one of the JAPAN RAIL PASS exchange offices.
● Please pay attention to the business hours and non-working days of the exchange locations.
● The type of PASS stated on the Exchange Order cannot be changed.
● If you are unable to present the Exchange Order due to loss or theft, a PASS cannot be issued and there will be no refund for lost exchange orders.
● The Exchange Order cannot be exchanged for a PASS if the eligibility requirements are not met.
● Your Exchange Order must be turned in for a JAPAN RAIL PASS within three months of the date the Order was issued. However, the exchange can be made from one month before the date of use. （for example, an Exchange Order issued on April 15 would have to be turned in by July 14. If the use date is May 30, the exchange can be made from April 30.）
● It may take time to turn in your Exchange Order and receive a JAPAN RAIL PASS if the service counter is busy. Please ensure you leave enough time when you visit the exchange office.
Important:The JAPAN RAIL PASS is not valid for any seats, reserved or non-reserved, on “NOZOMI” and “MIZUHO” trains on the Tokaido, Sanyo and Kyushu Shinkansen lines.
The pass holders must take “HIKARI,” “SAKURA,” “KODAMA,” or “TSUBAME” trains.) If you use a “NOZOMI” or “MIZUHO” train, you are required to pay the basic fare and the limited express charge.
In addition, if you use the GranClass car of the Tōhoku Shinkansen, Hokkaido Shinkansen, Jōetsu Shinkansen and Hokuriku Shinkansen, you must pay the limited express charge and the GranClass car surcharge.
Note also that passengers using JR trains on non-JR lines must pay additional fares and charges for sections traveled on such lines. Some JR trains use the lines of private railways for direct services. Depending on the train car or railway section, if there are restrictions in place on the maximum number of seats, it may not be possible to secure designed reserved seats even if there is a vacancy.