About Hokuriku Arch Pass
Enjoy economical unlimited travel from Tokyo and Osaka to the Hokuriku area. Experience the nature and traditions of Hokuriku along one of JR’s newest routes.After booking online, you can collect your Japan Rail Pass Exchange Order (EO) on the collection date and at the preferred Changi Recommends booth indicated during your booking process.
Remember to collect your Physical Exchange Order from Changi Recommends counter before checking in for your flight.
You will need this EO to be presented in Japan for exchanging your rail pass. Exchange locations in Japan refer here: https://www.westjr.co.jp/global/en/ticket/receive/?railpass=11&mco=1&area=0#result Service zones:
Unlimited use of ordinary car reserved seats on Hokuriku Shinkansen (Tokyo to Kanazawa), limited express, and local (including rapid service) trains, and all Tokyo Monorail lines within the free usage area.
* Service on Tokaido and Sanyo Shinkansen is not covered.
The pass can be used for traveling between Kanazawa and Tsubata on the IR Ishikawa Railway, but not to stations between these stations.
The pass can be used for traveling between Takaoka and Toyama on the Ainokaze Toyama Railway, but not to stations between these stations. Separate fees apply when using a car or train where numbered boarding tickets or liner tickets are required.Validity:
The pass will be valid for seven consecutive days from the first day of use.
The pass will be valid at 12:00 a.m. from the start day to 12:00 a.m. on the last day (all times Japan Standard Time).
However, if the validity period expires while riding a train on the last day, the pass will be valid for the fare until the following day so long as the passenger does not exit the station, and for ticket fees so long as the passenger does not depart the train.Service trains:
- Hokuriku Shinkansen (KAGAYAKI, HAKUTAKA, ASAMA, TSURUGI)
- Tohoku/Yamagata Shinkansen (HAYATE, YAMABIKO, NASUNO, TSUBASA) [Tokyo–Omiya only]
- Joetsu Shinkansen (TOKI, TANIGAWA) [Tokyo–Takasaki only]
- Narita Express (limited to area)
- Kansai-Airport Express "HARUKA"
- Limited Express "THUNDERBIRD"
- HANAYOME NOREN&Belles montagnes et mer
- Tokyo Monorail
- Limited express, express, special rapid service, rapid service, and local service trains within the area
: https://www.newgoldenroute.jp/ Note:
- This pass does not guarantee you a seat on any particular train. Seat reservations may be made in advance without any additional payment. To do this, you should apply at a JR ticket office or Travel Service Center in a JR-EAST or JR-WEST station.
-Reservations can be made at a reserved seat ticket vending machine up to six times. (For additional seat reservations, please visit a JR Ticket Office).
To travel in a Non-Reserved seat, all you need is this pass.
Please note that Non-Reserved seats are not available on all trains.
- All seating of Ordinary Cars on the "Narita Express" and the "Swallow Akagi" can be reserved. If you are boarding a train without having reserved a seat, please use a vacant seat on the train.
- If you travel in the Green Car on a Local Train, you must pay an extra charge besides the pass. If you travel in the Green Car or GranClass in a Shinkansen, Limited Express or Rapid Service, you must pay the associated express charge as well as the extra charge. If you travel in a Sleeping Car, you must pay the associated express charge as well as the extra charge and basic fare. You cannot change your ticket to a Reserved seat or Sleeping Car after boarding.
- Additional fees apply when boarding carriages or trains that require numbered tickets or liner tickets.
- How to get a reserved seat ticket from a ticket vending machine: https://www.westjr.co.jp/global/en/ticket/hokuriku-arch-pass/howto/
- When a train is canceled or delayed - JR is unable to extend the validity of the pass or issue refunds for any reason, including due to service cancellation or delays after use of the pass has begun. Similarly, JR is not liable for costs incurred by passholders as a result of changes in scheduled service, including transportation or lodging expenses.
- Passes will not be reissued in the event of loss or theft.
- While using this pass, you must carry your passport and show it if requested.
- Adults: Individuals 12 and over when the exchange order for a rail pass is issued or when purchasing.
- Children: Individuals between 6 and 11 years old when the exchange order for a rail pass is issued or when purchasing.
- Up to two young children (1 to 5 years old) can be covered free of charge by one adult or child pass.
- For three or more young children, a child pass will be required for each individual. Infants younger than 1 year old will not be charged.
- A child pass will be required for young children in the following instances: If the young child will sit alone in a reserved seat OR If the young child will be traveling alone.
- Information subjected to changes without prior notice